ASMCUE-LINK Travel Award
- Create and facilitate opportunities for increased exposure to and success in emerging and interdisciplinary areas of the molecular, cellular, and microbial biosciences
- Identify and build connections between researchers and undergraduate faculty to advance interdisciplinary scientific research and student learning
The program provides up to $1,500 for scientists actively engaged in research to attend ASMCUE. Researchers who wish to identify and connect with faculty (present and future) working primarily with undergraduate biology students (many from community colleges and primary undergraduate institutions) should apply for this award.
- Active research scientists engaged in NSF research priorities
- Active research scientists interested in developing collaborations with undergraduate faculty (present and future)
Deadline for Application:
The application deadline is Monday, April 7, 2014.
- Contact information
- Three essays describing: (1) your research focus and team, (2) your vision of broadening participation of underserved populations in science, enhancing the integration of research and education, and improving learning, (3) your interest to collaborate.
- List of current (since 2009) research activities, including presentations, publications, grants and awards
- List of current advisees and collaborators, if applicable, and their role(s) and/or contribution(s)
- Commitment statement for:
- Participating in ASMCUE 2014 activities (Conference Schedule)
- Participating in all LINK-sponsored sessions during ASMCUE
- Exploring and identifying potential collaborations with undergraduate faculty
- Engaging in an online community with other ASMCUE and/or LINK participants
- Completing surveys and providing a post-meeting research profile for inclusion in a ASMCUE newsletter
Applicants should complete all sections of the online 2014 ASMCUE-LINK Travel Award Application by 11:59 PST on April 7, 2014. The online form must be completed in one sitting. The process may NOT be started, saved and returned to at a later time.
Click HERE to apply.
Criteria for Selection
Applications will be selected based upon:
- Potential and commitment to broaden participation in STEM research and education
- Commitment to collaborate in areas with differing disciplinary expertise
- Potential to network, contribute, and lead
Click here to see the 2013 ASMCUE-LINK Travel Awardees.